The Husco Scholars Program offers the opportunity to be a member of our team before you finish college!
Husco is a privately-owned manufacturing and engineering company whose mission is to be the global leader in providing products and services that optimize the performance, controllability and safety of
Off-highway and Automotive systems.
We have over 70 years of highly-focused experience in vehicle systems and a reputation earned from supporting our customers from concept to production. Husco’s success stems from our world-class engineering and global manufacturing teams.
The Husco Scholars Program offers the opportunity to be a member of our team before you start college!
- We will pay 100% tuition assistance while pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree through
UW-Platteville, while you are paid to work
- Works in concert with any existing financial aid or scholarship
- Professional Husco mentorship throughout program enrollment
- Graduate college with knowledge, experience, and an engineering career!
While working to obtain your Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, you will also be working
full-time on a rotational basis to apply your coursework to real-world applications. You will gain exposure to the Husco engineering organization and determine what areas of engineering and Husco interest you most.
If you are interested in applying for this competitive program, review our criteria:
- Demonstrated track record of academic excellence, perseverance and work ethic
- Submission of a 1,000-word essay on “Why are you uniquely prepared for the Husco Scholar’s Program? What makes you stand out?” – submitted no later than December 18th
- Selected applicants will be invited to participate in face to face interviews
The Husco Scholars Program requires completion of degree within 5 years. All Scholars will be provided a job opportunity at Husco upon graduation. If a Scholar chooses to leave the program before completion, tuition payback will be required based on time invested.
Educational Criteria to Enter UW-Platteville Engineering Partnership Program
- Have graduated from recognized high school or have certificate of GED or HSED
- Successful completion of 17 college preparatory units:
- 4 English
- 3 Math ( must include at least one credit of algebra and one credit of geometry)
- 3 Natural Science
- Social Science / History
- 4 Electives: Choose from the above areas, foreign languages, fine arts, computer science, and/or courses in vocational areas
- Submission of ACT or SAT scores
New freshmen are likely to be admitted if they successfully complete the 17 college preparatory units and rank in the top 75 percent of their class.
ACT/SAT scores from the high school are accepted for admission purpose. An official ACT/SAT score report, received directly from the testing agency, is required prior to the advising/registration program.
Deadline to Apply to UW-Platteville Engineering Partnership Program