Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Accounts Assistants are responsible for supporting the full finance department; preparing weekly KPI’s that are used throughout the whole organization, supporting accounts payable with full supplier statement reconciliations, and completing adhoc financial analysis. In the near term a big part of this role will be to support the introduction of a new ERP system. A successful Accounts Assistant is organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and assertive.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Manufacturing Reports. Prepare, analyze, and distribute weekly manufacturing key indicator reports and monthly manufacturing department expense and cost per hour statements. Investigate significant manufacturing variances, correcting any errors and communicating any issues accordingly.
- Support Accounts Payable. Work with the accounts payable clerk to clear the accounts email, match invoices to delivery notes and finally process the invoice on the system. Complete supplier statement reconciliations to support financial metrics.
- Prepare Reconciliations and Journal Entries. Prepare monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts. Follow up on and resolve any discrepancies. Provide feedback to the Controller.
- Month End Reporting. Provide cover for both Accounts Payable and Receivable month end processes and reconciliations. Support the report out of monthly management accounts.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Good secondary education with emphasis on numerical and verbal skills.
- Speed and accuracy in data entry, with the ability to review/audit while entering.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in working with an integrated manufacturing software package, such as BaaN/IFS.
- Understanding of accounting principles and knowledge of accounts receivables/payables procedures are a plus.
- Prior accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work with confidential information.