Automation Technician – All shifts available
This position is located in Waukesha, WI and is 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Automation Technician will be responsible for supporting the development and installation of new manufacturing equipment/processes, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities, and resolving equipment performance issues. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. The best Automation Technician is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco committed to building an diverse environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Support Daily Production Operations. Prioritize multiple projects and equipment/line needs to support optimal production quality and volume levels. Collect and record accurate test and process data for use in problem analysis and product verification. Maintain manufacturing process and machine documentation.
- Minimize Machine Downtime and Maximize Parts per Hour on the Line. Utilize strong automation background and problem solving skills to design, modify and debug existing and new equipment. Determine root cause of equipment problems and improve process performance. Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, automation, software and hydraulic systems.
- Develop and Document Engineering Procedures and Continuous Improvement Techniques. Work closely with quality and engineering from program start-up through completion to analyze machine performance and implement continuous improvement techniques to maximize parts per hour on the line. Use working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (5S, Kaizen, TQM, change management, lean manufacturing and/or cellular manufacturing) to assist engineers to develop, evaluate, qualify and improve products, software programs or processes. When improvements are made, assist in the documentation of new processes and techniques utilizing CAD software.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Methods. Analyze production techniques and machine performance. This requires strong automation/mechanical/electrical knowledge and will be accomplished through machine software and component improvements, identification of weak processes (manual or equipment), and troubleshooting ability to test and implement improved manufacturing techniques.
- Support Assembly and Testing Processes from Concept through Prove-Out. Work closely with mechanical and program engineers to design and repair assembly and testing processes. Assist in identification of areas for improvement, documentation and operator training.
- Facilitate Tool and Fixture Purchases. Develop the business justification for, select, design, procure and assist in installation of tools and fixtures utilized to maximize line performance.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in Industrial Automation Technology, Electrical/Mechanical or Electronics
- Exposure to machine troubleshooting, process control, CAD
- Ability to use electronic hand tools proficiently.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)