Buyer – New Product Development
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides an opportunity to pursue a career in Purchasing as an Associate Buyer. Key responsibilities will include quoting and negotiating pricing for prototype components and tooling, making supplier selections, and following through all purchases until components are received.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities globally
- Quote and assist with price negotiations for production components and tooling with established and new suppliers to support new product development business growth. Create and track purchase orders to suppliers for production tooling and pre-production components.
- Quote and negotiate price for prototype components and tooling. Work closely with the global prototype supply base in quoting components for new product development / engineering prototypes. Negotiate best pricing and lead times. Create and track purchase orders to suppliers. Monitor and expedite these purchases as required.
- Create Direct Materials Cost Models and submit to Sales. Evaluate and compare quotes, assist with pre-sourcing supplier decisions to complete the cost models.
- Manage supplier relationships for the prototype and production supply base. Balance the needs and performance expectations of Husco Automotive Purchasing and Engineering. Serve as liaison between the suppliers and engineering to ensure successful results.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in related field
- Proficient with all applications of Microsoft office.
- Strong organizational skills required with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills required
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)