Design Engineer (Experienced)
Husco provides engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Design Engineers work closely with experienced engineers, customers and suppliers from the design stage to production for 1-2 programs. A successful Design Engineer is hands-on and has a strong technical background along with experience within a Design for Manufacture environment. These skills, combined with flexibility, a problem-solving orientation, solid communication skills and attention to detail, enable successful program implementation.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Collaborate in Product Design and Program Launch. Work closely with Senior Engineers on 1-2 committed customer programs. Initially follow program from prototype build through launch and eventually apply product knowledge to new product development/design. A Design Engineer will potentially take part in product design, prototype build, supplier development, product build, production line development and launch, program launch and first pass yield reduction. For mechanical engineers this may include making calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, selection of materials, heat treatment, and assembly process. Able to create 3D models of valve components, and valve assemblies in Creo. Able to generate part drawings with correct dimensioning and tolerancing. Responsible to review all prints and specifications for design content and adherence to Husco standards.
- Coordinate Build and Testing of Prototypes. Work closely with Lab Technicians or individually to develop necessary tests for products. A strong Design Engineer is not only able to describe the necessary testing but also aid in debugging the determined procedures.
- Troubleshoot and Debug Design Flaws. Take a hands-on problem solving approach to product design complications by utilizing engineering principles/theories, tools, data and software to overcome product design issues and test failures.
- Understanding of Hydraulic Principles and Husco Products. Has a basic understanding of the Husco product line. Has a basic understanding of hydraulic circuits including Open Center, Closed Center, Load Sense, and Pressure Compensated hydraulic systems.
- Interface with the Customer. Work with customers to understand application and special requirements. Assist Project Engineers or Program Managers with concepts and reviews with customer. React to customer issues and provides ongoing design modifications and support from start of development process through support after production release.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand product knowledge, abilities, and job specific toolkit (Pro-E; hydraulics; magnetics; software – testing and engineering applications) to apply to product design and program launch.
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication. Design engineer will work closely with customer during program launch to execute requests, respond to questions and build collaboration across teams (both internal and external) as necessary. Customers should never receive unexpected major design changes.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in Mechanical or related Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of hydraulic control systems and their applications preferred
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills
- For mechanical engineers, a knowledge of engineering drawing practices and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- 3D CAD experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)