Embedded Controls Engineer
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides Engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. In this current opportunity, an Embedded Controls Engineer will introduce innovation to the organization by implementing creative software applications in the high volume electrified automotive field. A successful Embedded Controls Engineer enjoys coding, as well as being hands-on and has strong technical background with abilities and interest to work in software, electrical, and mechanical domains. These skills, combined with a problem-solving drive, flexibility, and solid communication skills enable an Embedded Controls Engineer to be successful at Husco.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Develop, Validate, and Implement System Algorithms and Logic. Apply a deep understanding of linear systems and control theory to utilize both MathWorks® and Embedded C software packages and libraries to develop and deploy algorithms to solve system level problems. Responsible for testing at the software, component, and system to validate the algorithms for success, robustness, and safety.
- Automotive Embedded Software Development. Robust, yet flexible approach to embedded software code development. Understands automotive requirements for rigorous testing and validation of successful production code. Experience developing test cases and methodologies for testing all aspects of an embedded software package. Develops software requirements and accurately documents code.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand product knowledge, abilities, and toolkit (MATLAB/Simulink®, Embedded C, BLDC and System Control, multi-domain physics, version control and CRM systems, software development processes, software Validation and Verification theories/methods, debugging, Agile development methods) to apply to system design, implementation, and program launch.
- Sensors and Controls Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for sensors and filters. Creative thinking around algorithms and controls methodology for taking limited inputs and determining optimum trajectories to accomplish the desired targets.
- Contribute to Software Development Lifecycle. Use embedded C and MathWorks® software packages/libraries to document, develop, debug, deploy, and maintain software algorithms on an embedded processor as a part of an automotive launch cycle. Will be responsible for executing to the software development lifecycle within the required timeline.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results in a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results / execution.
- Knowledge of CAN / LIN Communication a plus
- Knowledge of ASPICE Automotive Software Standards a plus
- Knowledge of Brushless Motor Controls a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in Computer, Electrical, or related Engineering discipline.
- Three (3) or more years of experience including demonstrated ability to understand and develop complex control systems in the mechatronics, robotics, hydraulic, or similar within an embedded system environment.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink® and Embedded C code
- Comfortable and able to analyze and break down large control systems into smaller component level systems
- Demonstrated ability to discuss complex systems in multiple domains and understand other systems outside the embedded code environment
- Comfortable and able to make good decisions based on limited and/or ambiguous information
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Team oriented, leadership/mentoring skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and within a group.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)