This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco is growing! The Process Engineer is responsible for managing external equipment suppliers as they design and build automated production lines for new product launches. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with the Design, Quality and Plant Manufacturing teams to ensure the new equipment will meet the rigorous requirements necessary to meet Automotive OEM expectations for part quality and delivery.
- Leads New Automation Equipment Development and Implementation.
- Work with automation partners to define equipment requirements to ensure their proposals capture the required process controls, error proofing and adherence to Husco specifications while maintaining cost effective solutions.
- Coordinates concept reviews and supplier selection with the cross functional internal Husco team.
- Monitor automation house progress through the equipment build to ensure timelines are kept and that issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Throughout the process, work with the design, quality and manufacturing teams to ensure timely completion of all machine qualification and PPAP documentation. Including PFMEA, Process Flow Diagrams, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, Capacity Studies, lessons learned reviews etc.
- Process Development.
- Assembly Process Development is an area of expansion for Husco Auto as we get into more complex automotive systems.
- Candidate will need to be able to develop new processes and identify critical process criteria and then apply controls to those criteria to guarantee process success.
- Those processes will then have to be shared and taught to our automation partners.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise.
- Demonstrate your technical expertise in project management for large scale projects. Contribute significant technical support for existing manufacturing operations and automation partners while building new processes.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced, high pressure and dynamic atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail and technical background with ability to execute quickly and consistently. Able to work with product engineering, quality, and production personnel, effectively managing priorities and communication. Program manager of the project and plant personnel need to be considered as internal customer; working with all above optimize scope of work without sacrificing cost, and delivery of equipment.
- Position will require about 25% travel time. International travel will be required for those production lines which are installed in our Shanghai facility.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing (Machine Design), or Electrical Engineering required.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting automated equipment, working in an organization that has successfully used automation in manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques, engineering calculations including but not limited to: kinematics, power, torque, structural, cylinders, cams, air and oil flow/pressure calculations, machine cycle time etc.
- Experience with robots, vision systems, PLC’s a plus.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)