Secondary Machining – 3rd Shift
***NOW HIRING AT NEW STARTING PAY $15.15 & SHIFT PREMIUMS $1.00/3rd shift***
This position is in Maquoketa, IA and is for 3rd Shift.
Responsible for day to day part cleaning/picking for parts and final operations through kanban and pick lists. Additional responsibilities include general warehouse management and organization and appropriate management of component transfers and inventory accuracy.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Abe to identify housings that need to be cleaned and use the appropriate tooling
- Technician can install various types of expander plugs per the process instructions, SOP or print
- Conduct searches for parts, making inventory transfers and creating labels for material to be transferred using warehouse software (BaaN, Dixsi)
- Navigate the housing WH and pull parts as needed by the assembly cells. Should also be able to do put away after clean and plug process
- Create and community part shortages when filling Kanban bins or picking piece part orders
- Update and maintain WO status file for picked orders
- Weight counting
- Completion of standard logistical documentation i.e. bill of laden, packing slips, etc.
- Ability to interpret and understand the Plant Operation Procedures, TS/ISO requirements and operator work instructions.
- Transfer of components locally via company vehicle including box truck and fork lifts
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Education
- 1-2 years experience in shipping and receiving (desired)
- Familiarization with enterprise system used to manage inventory
- Strong communications skills
- Certified for fork lift operation, able to maneuver hand jack, holds a valid driver’s license Able to manage frequent changes in priorities, interruptions and deadlines.
- Ability to define job requirements and be a self-starter and hold self accountable for efficiency and accuracy of specific activity
- Specialized skills and knowledge
Computer Skills: Hand held scanners, email, enterprise systems i.e. Baan, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, etc.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 10% and stand, walk 80% Squat, kneel or twist and climb 10%.
- Lifting requirement of 50 lbs. maximum and 40 lbs. frequently.
- Visual requirements include ability to read work orders, blue prints, schematics, measuring devices, computer printouts and spreadsheet applications. Acute hearing is required for telephone communication purposes.
- Temperature and humidity controls are normal. Exposure to hazardous materials will be infrequent. This person may have to wear personal protective equipment which could include safety glasses and safety shoes, depending on the nature of the work.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)