This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Metrology Technicians are responsible for evaluating and inspecting supplier components and pre-production products to ensure they meet specification. With minimal supervision, a successful Metrology Technician reports, records and documents all aspects of inspection findings and statistics. Utilizing strong technical knowledge and trouble-shooting skills, Metrology Technicians determine the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Metrology Technician is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Facilitate and Execute Inspection. Metrology Technicians inspect and measure pre-production material lots from suppliers to ensure conformance to drawing specifications. Supporting the SPAP/PPAP processes, Metrology Technicians are fully knowledgeable in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as well as the use of standard inspection equipment. Accurately record and report findings electronically for use by engineers.
- Use advanced inspection equipment (CMM, etc). Metrology Technicians will need to use a CMM routinely for inspecting parts. A Metrology Technician should be able to use existing CMM programs, and write limited versions of their own programs.
- Support Engineering Studies, Operations and Purchasing. Metrology Technicians perform engineering studies and/or GR&Rs per the request of the engineering, and supplier quality teams. Collecting and recording accurate inspection and test data electronically, Metrology Technicians maintain databases and assist in problem analysis or product qualification, including the preparation of charts, graphs or reports. Complete inspection of parts for prototype and pre-production PPAP’s. Write purchase order requests to purchase new gages, equipment and supplies. Perform other technical work as directed by the Design Engineers and supplier quality personnel.
- Help Develop Suppliers. Work with supplier quality to ensure correlation of measurements to supplier inspection results. Brainstorm ways to help improve supplier measurements. Participate in Gage Reviews and provide feedback to Engineering and supplier development teams about improved ways to communicate information via prints.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in engineering or quality or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Quality Assurance.
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Design Engineering, Purchasing and Supplier Development, and Quality.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail. Will enter all data electronically, so typing accuracy / speed of typing on the number pad is key.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)