This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial manufacturing organization. The Network Engineer role is to serve as the primary contact and subject matter expert for the Husco local area network and wide area network. The Network Engineer will also be responsible for the deployment, support, and maintenance of network assets at our US Husco facilities. This individual will ensure that network assets are configured to conform to established guidelines and industry best standards. The Network Engineer will act as an extension of the Global IT department and meet approved Service Level Agreements for support response and resolution. This individual is expected to monitor the health of the IT ecosystem, to identify problems and trends, and to prepare documentation to submit for analysis and action. Each day, this individual will operate in ways that are consistent with the broader Information Systems strategy, goals, and processes.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees which allows for:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Contributes to Strategic Network Roadmap: Network engineer will research and propose possible solutions to advance the performance, reliability, simplicity, and cost of Husco’s network system.
- Network Support & Service Ownership: Serve as the subject matter expert of network connectivity for Husco’s six international facilities. Ensure industry best practices are followed in the design, implementation, and upkeep of all Husco cloud and on-premise network infrastructure; and ensure network connectivity exceeds agreed upon service requirements. Individuals in this role understand the importance of change control and follow established guidelines. Network engineer owns the services we provide to our co-workers, and we take pride in ensuring that these services are high performance, reliable and simple. Network engineer deploys and monitors technical performance of the network. This monitoring covers both the verification that the system is meeting technical expectations and the system is fulfilling stakeholders expectations on performance and reliability.
- Project Delivery & Support: Following established guidelines provided to the Network Engineer by management, the individual in this position collaborates with project teams on assigned projects which require network expertise. As a part of membership in a project team, this includes providing business needs analysis, followed by designing, implementing, documenting, and then managing solutions following industry best standards.
Serving as a subject matter expert for networking technologies, the Network Engineer participates in the selection of new technology and new products. This individual is responsible for providing hardware and software specifications, obtaining quotes, purchase orders, as well as ordering these new devices/services within our ERP system.
- Collaboration, Communication & Mentorship: The Network Engineer is a strong team player who cares not only about the services the network team provides to Husco – but also our co-workers and teammates. The individual in this role is expected to seek out ways to assist and serve others without being asked. The Network Engineer is also responsible for mentoring, training, and assisting junior technologists within our department and to operate with the highest levels of personal integrity. A key component of this training is ensuring documentation is up to date and training materials are relevant and follow established protocols.
- Vendor and Third-Party Management: The Network Engineer establishes good working relationships with all our value-added resellers, vendors and suppliers. This includes attending meetings with these entities and maintaining regular correspondence. An individual in this position has the responsibility to engage third-party support and vendors when required and to track progress on issues/incidents which have been escalated to these third parties. It is the responsibility of the Network Engineer to enter all network, telephony, and other required invoices into our ERP system.
- Bachelor’s degree in networking, network security or computer science (or related field) is required. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
- CCNA certification is required (CCNP is preferred).
- Five or more years’ experience configuring and implementing network technologies and tools including but not limited to: switches, routers, firewalls, wireless systems, network appliances, monitoring and alert systems, etc.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of configuring and supporting core networking devices leveraging the following common protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, VLANs, ACLs, BGP,
- EIGRP, QoS, TACACS+, Radius, VPN, and MPLS Layer 2 & Layer 3 switching.
- Knowledge of Cisco wireless technologies standards and protocols.
- Understands virtualization, storage, and cloud computing.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple issues and projects at once.
- 10% to 20% travel is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)