This position is located in Waukesha, WI
The Husco Automation Technician team is growing! Take your next career step at Husco with a global automotive manufacturing leader.
Automation technicians will be responsible for supporting equipment/processes, supporting, and resolving equipment performance issues. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. The best Automation Technician is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who can react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
- 1st shift: 7am – 3pm
- 2nd shift: 3pm -11pm
- Flexible hours
- Overtime available
Husco is committed to building an diverse environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional skills, talents, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Minimize Machine Downtime and Maximize Parts per Hour on the Line. Utilize strong automation background and problem solving skills to debug existing and new equipment.
- Determine root cause of equipment problems and improve process performance. Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, automation, software and hydraulic systems.
- Collaborate with Engineers to Implement Improvement Ideas for Better Line Performance. Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers to provide feedback on design ideas and solutions for permanent corrective actions for line issues.
- Facilitate Tool and Fixture Purchases. Assist in identifying spare parts or repair parts needed for the assembly lines and creating purchase requisitions for ordering them.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in Industrial Automation Technology, Electrical/Mechanical or Electronics
- Exposure to machine troubleshooting, process control, CAD
- Ability to use hand tools proficiently.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)